Saturday, December 6, 2014

MPS Health ~ What It's All About!

MPS Health stands for Mental, Physical, & Spiritual Health. And although PMS Health probably would have been a more eye-catching name, I chose MPS because I've experienced how well these pieces build on top of each other to create a better quality of life.
Let me explain.

I've tried before to lose weight, to eat better, and to figure out what my relationship with God looks like: all while ignoring my mental health. And though I've had some successes, it's been like trying to gently roll over a speed bump only to slide backwards at the peak. I just never had enough oomph to keep moving forward.
Whether you struggle with depression and anxiety or not, everyone has baggage; and for me, counseling has been my place to sort through that baggage. There, I've developed a concept that I call "emotional bandwidth". #Millennial. Ha ha ha.

What "emotional bandwidth" means to me, is acknowledging that I can do anything, but I can't do everything. After all, I only have so much mental space and energy to give! But it also means that the less I have buzzing in the background, the more "bandwidth" I have available. 
 
I've been turning down that white noise by constructing boundaries that work for me. And now? As I'm practicing healthy mental habits, I've been able to put more time into my fitness and nutrition: stress-free! And after a couple months of good mental and physical habits, the door has been opening in my heart to start healing spiritually.
 
So, while MPS Health, isn't a replacement for counseling, it is here to be a resource, a support, and an encouragement as you work towards a healthier you. That's why, I'm so excited to announce...
 
 


Stay tuned...

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS